Classical China (10 days)
Tour Code:CCT12 Classical China (10 days)
Tour Type: Private
Package includes: Vehicle, Guide, Meal, Admission Fee
Day by day itinerary
Day 01:Arrive in Beijing
You'll be met on arrival in Beijing. On the way to the Hotel, your guide will explain tomorrow's arrangements. Spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby streets, or resting and catching up on your jetlag. Beijing is a city of amazing con
trasts - an ancient capital with some incredible historical sites, and a bustling modern metropolis getting ready to host the 2008 Olympics.
Day 02: Beijing (B, L)
One day tour including the Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven. The day begins at Tiananmen Square, the largest City Square in the world. From there you will enter the Forbidden City, a powerful maze of ancient palaces and courtyards from which the emperor ruled the land for 500 years. After lunch we will take you to The Temple of Heaven a Ming Temple where the Emperors performed annual rites essential for the well being of their land.
Day 03: Beijing (B, L)
Today's excursion to the Great Wall (Juyong Guan section) of China promise to be a highlight of our travels. We will have a chance to take a hike along one of the most beautiful sections and learn of its construction 2000 years ago, and examine first-hand one of the most scenic portions of its 3700 miles length. After lunch, you will be taken to The Summer Palace, a vast and beautiful landscape of elegant garden, lakes and pavilions. We'll admire the famous Marble.Boat during the visit.
Day 04: Beijing air Xian (B, L)
This morning you will take trishaw into Hutong, which is an ancient city alley, to experience the life of the local people. Visit the old quadrangles inhabited by Beijing residents. Tour in the Prince Gong's Palace and have a cup of tea. You also have an opportunity to visit a local family and chat with local people. Take afternoon flight to Xian. Arrive Xian, meet and transfer to the hotel.
Day 05: Xian (B, L, D)
Today's touring is to the vast treasure of the underground army of the Terracotta Warriors. They are to be found at an archaeological site which so far has yielded some 8000 ancient terracotta soldiers and horses, each a unique, finely detailed sculpture. In the afternoon, you will visit the Banpo Neolithic Meseum, a civilization of well over 6,000 years old, an entire chapter of Chinese history. Enjoy Tang Dynasty Show in the evening.
Day 06: Xian air Guilin (B, L)
Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, which was built in 648 A.D. and used to store Buddhist scriptures. Then take a tour to the enormous city walls, sensing the immense scale and enduring impregnability. Finally visit Bell Tower, where you can take a birds'eye view upon this ancient mistrial city. Fly to Guilin in the afternoon.
Day 07: Guilin (B, L)
Take a full day cruise trip on the Li River with lunch on board and enjoy a panorama of bamboo grooves, sleepy villages and karst peaks of limestone formations fancifully
christened by painters and poets over the centuries. The trip will take you to Yangshuo, a place of pastoral patch work of fields, rivers, and limestone peaks. You will have time to roam the local market, and then back to Guilin in the late afternoon by car.
Day 08: Guilin air Shanghai (B, L)
In the morning we will take you on a tour of Reed Flute Cave, a wonderful limestone cave with a dazzling variety of stalactities and stalagmites, Fubo Hill and Elephant Trunk Hill, as its name implies, it is quite a remarkable example of the hand of nature upon the
landscape. After lunch, take flight to Shanghai. Arrive Shanghai, meet and transfer to the hotel.
Day 09: Shanghai(B, L)
Today you will take a city tour around Shanghai. The city tour takes us to the Yuyuan Garden, a classical Ming Dynasty Garden with pavilions, towers and terraces. Then
go to Shanghai Museum, one of the best museums with its richest art collection. After lunch, you will stroll along the Bund, enjoying its elegant sweep of European architecture
and landmarks, and immersing yourself in the location's history and unique character. And then go to famous shopping street, Nanjing Road.
Day 10: Shanghai exit (B)
Enjoy free till transfer to the airport for flight onward.
Quotation in USD per person
Flat Season-- Low travel season: December, January, February
High Season-- Flat travel season: March, June, July, August
A Superior Class
Superior Class Hotel:
D Delux Class
Superior Class Hotel List
1. The economy-class air charges of the domestic flight or soft sleeper/seat train charge between cities as specified in the itinerary.
2. The hotel accommodation is based on two persons sharing one standard twin room with private facilities in all relevant locations. If a single client requests a twin room alone, the single room supplement will be charged.
3. For the land tour in each city, daily American breakfast is served in the hotel, and Chinese lunch and/or dinner will be served with two cups of soft drink outside the hotel. All meal arrangements are served as the itinerary specifies.
4. Private transfers for you and your party as a group between airports, train stations, hotels and all sightseeing spots. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
5. One private English-speaking guide and driver will accompany you on all normal sightseeing tours in each city.
6. Entrance fees to the tourist sites.
7. . China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance. We highly recommend that you purchase full coverage travel insurance from you country of origin.
8. Domestic flights or trains as listed in the itinerary.
1. The international charge of arrival and departure.
2. Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, drink, telex, telephone calls or overweight baggage charges.
3. Charge of obtaining your visa to enter China.
4. Tips to Guide and driver.