The Road to Tibet (11days)
Minimum Number of Persons in Group: 2
Tour Type: Private
Package includes: Vehicle, Guide, Meal, Admission Fee
B=Breakfast L=Lunch D=Dinner
Day by day itinerary
Day 01: Arrive Beijing
You'll be met on arrival in Beijing. On the way to the Hotel,
your guide will explain tomorrow's arrangements. Spend the
rest of the day exploring the nearby streets, or resting and
catching up on your jetlag. Beijing is a city of amazing con
trasts - an ancient capital with some incredible historical
sites, and a bustling modern metropolis getting ready to
host the 2008 Olympics.
Day 02: Beijing (B, L)
Tour will start from Tiananmen Square, the largest city square in the world. From Tiananmen Square enter the gates of the Forbidden City. This massive complex was the centre of the Ming and Qing dynasties. With almost 10,000 rooms, this well-preserved imperial palace is the largest in the world. After lunch, tour to the magnificent Temple of Heaven, a Ming Temple where the Emperors performed annual rites essential for the well being of their land before.
Day 03: Beijing (B, L)
Today's excursion to the Great Wall (Juyong Guan section)
of China promise to be a highlight of our travels. We¡¯ll have
a chance to take a hike along one of the most beautiful
sections and learn of its construction 2000 years ago, and
examine first-hand one of the most scenic portions of its
3700 miles length. After lunch, you will be taken to The Summer Palace, a vast and beautiful landscape of elegant
garden, lakes and pavilions. We'll admire the famous Marble Boat during the visit.
Day 04: Beijing air Xi'an (B, L)
Take morning flight to Xian. Arrive in Xian, visit the Wild Goose Pagoda which was built in 648 A.D. and used to store Buddhist scriptures. Then take a tour to the enormous city walls, sensing the immense scale and enduring impregnability. Finally visit Bell Tower, where you can take a birds'eye view upon this ancient mistrial city.
Day 05: Xi'an (B, L, SD)
Day 06: Xi'an air Chengdu (B, L)
Take morning flight to Chengdu. Arrive Chengdu, visit Panda Feeding Basement to see the lovely Pandas, and experience the tea culture at Tea House.
Day 07: Chengdu air Lhasa (B, L, D)
Morning flight to Lhasa and check into the hotel after arrival. This afternoon take it easy in order to acclimatize to the altitude.
Day 08: Lhasa (B, L, D)
Full day guided tour of Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama since the 7th century, symbolizes Tibetan Buddhism and its central role in the traditional administration in Tibet. Then onto Sera Monastery, one of the three largest monasteries in Tibet, enshrined in the monastery are over 10,000 golden copper Buddhist statues, the holy prayer scripture written in cinnabar, and other treasures. Later in the afternoon, you will visit to Norbu Lingka, the summer palace for Dalai Lama.
Day 09: Lhasa (B, L, D)
Today you will visit Jokhang Temple, which is an exceptional Buddhist religious complex. It is the spiritual centre of Tibet. The temple is a combination of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architectural techniques. Then onto Drepung Monastery, the largest monastery in the world. In the afternoon, visit a Tibetan Clinic and famous Barkhor Street, which is an old and traditional shopping street in the centre of Lhasa. It is also a place where Tibetan culture, economy, religion and arts assemble and a place to which a visit must be paid.
Day 10: Lhasa/Chengdu/Shanghai (B)
Depart Lhasa and fly to Chengdu. Arrive Chengdu airport and fly to Shanghai directly.
Day 11: Depart Shanghai (B)
Transfer to the airport for your flight home
B Superior Class
Superior Class Hotel List
C Delux Class
Delux Class Hotel List
Lhasa : Bramaputra Grand Hotel
1. The economy-class air charges of the domestic flight or soft sleeper/seat train charge between cities as specified in the itinerary.
2. The hotel accommodation is based on two persons sharing one standard twin room with private facilities in all relevant locations. If a single client requests a twin room alone, the single room supplement will be charged.
3. For the land tour in each city, daily American breakfast is served in the hotel, and Chinese lunch and/or dinner will be served with two cups of soft drink outside the hotel. All meal arrangements are served as the itinerary specifies.
4. Private transfers for you and your party as a group between airports, train stations, hotels and all sightseeing spots. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
5. One private English-speaking guide and driver will accompany you on all normal sightseeing tours in each city.
6. Entrance fees to the tourist sites.
7. . China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance. We highly recommend that you purchase full coverage travel insurance from you country of origin.
8. Domestic flights or trains as listed in the itinerary.
1. The international charge of arrival and departure.
2. Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, drink, telex, telephone calls or overweight baggage charges.
3. Charge of obtaining your visa to enter China.
4. Tips to Guide and driver.