|Riyuegu Hot spring Resort&hotel 5 star hotels |
| Hotel Add: Bank of China, Home1888 Fulian Road, Haicang District, Xiamen|
Post Code: 361012
Hotel Tel: 86 592 631 2222
National AAAA Tourist Attraction
Xiamen Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort is a sanctuary for those seeking tranquility, therapy and a spiritual time-out. Nestled in the shadows of the Tianzhu Mountains in Xiamen, the resort sets one on a gratifying, soul soothing experience where time has no role to play.
More than 400 years ago during the Ming Dynasty, a royal court official immersed himself in the springs and felt such joy he recorded his experience of this 'heavenly gift' on a stone plaque. The plaque was discovered in the 1980s where Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort now stands.
Feel a palpable energy flowing from the natural hot springs revered for its rejuvenating and healing powers.
Step in and immerse in paradise itself...
At Xiamen Riyuegu Hotsprings Hotel, luxuriate in our elegant guest rooms and suites. Designed with your comfort in mind; fluffy down duvets, pillows and oversized beds await. A little bit of Nature's sounds is piped into all rooms, where you enjoy the soothing melody of trickling hot springs as you relax in your private bath.
Services and Amenities
Private hot spring bath in each room
Down pillows and duvets
100% cotton towels and robes
Hairdryer, make-up mirror and weighing scale
Full set of bathroom amenities
In-room safe, ironing board
Refrigerated private bar, mineral water, coffee and tea bags
International satellite TV channels and voicemail
Complimentary broadband internet access
Personal computers are available in suites and executive floor rooms
The following items are available at the hotel upon request:
An assortment of pillow choices
Adaptor, mobile phone charger
Shoe shine service
|Click on the room type to see floor plan|
||28 to 40
||1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds, handicap friendly rooms available |
||2 King Beds, interconnecting rooms available|
||38 to 47
||1 King Bed, 2 Queen Beds or 2 King Beds |
||57 to 75
||1 Bedroom with 1 King Bed, 1 Living Room, 2 Bathrooms |
||88 to 100
||1 Bedroom with 1 King Bed, 1 Living Room, 2 Bathrooms |
||2 Bedrooms (1 room with 1 King Bed, 1 room with 2 Queen Beds), 1 Living Room, 2 Bathrooms
||2 Bedrooms (2 rooms with 1 King Bed each), 1 Living Room, 1 Dining Room, 2 Bathrooms, Balcony|
||2 Bedrooms (2 rooms with 1 King Bed each), 1 Living Room, 1 Dining Room, 1 Kitchen, 2 Bathrooms, 2 walk-in closets|
- Unless otherwise stated, rates are based on a maximum of 2 persons sharing each room.
- There is no additional charge for children under 12 years old sharing the same room with parents or guardians using existing bedding. Please contact the Resort directly to make the best arrangements.
- A maximum of one extra bed can be added to each bed room at additional cost.
- Floor plans are representative of the room category, some variations may occur.
Ideal for relaxation, rejuvenation and indulgence, Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort offers an impressive menu of SPA experiences that will soothe your nerves, enhance your well being and rejuvenate the senses. Recreational options abound, as you pass your days in blissful indecision. Work out at the gym, take a dip in the swimming pools, or have a game of tennis. After that, hop over to the Recreation Rooms to access gaming consoles, the Internet, KTV or Mahjong and Cards rooms. Alternatively, you can ease your tensions away at Riyuegu Hotsprings Park. You can do as much or as little as you like, the choice is yours.
Haven Club Facilities
Gymnasium 0700h - 2200h
This state-of-the-art gym offers Precor exercise equipment, including a reclining bike, 2 treadmills, an elliptical stretch machine, weights machine and free weights. Trainers are also on hand to help guests maximize workouts.
Available in Men's Lockers 1000h - 2400h
Sauna room, cold room, steam room, warm pool, cold pool and hot springs pool with water jets.
Available in Women's Lockers 1000h - 2400h
Sauna room, 2 steam rooms and a hot springs pool with water jets
Outdoor Swimming Pool and Hot Spring Pools
Including adult pool, wading pool, outdoor hot spring pool, males-only hot spring pool, females-only hot spring pool
|Apr 1-Oct 31
||0700h - 2200h |
|Nov 1-Mar 31
||0700h - 1900h|
Hair Salon 1200h - 2300h
Haven Lounge 1000h - 2400hActivities
Nestled amongst tropical foliage with a panoramic view of the pool, Haven Lounge offers a relaxed atmosphere for a casual meal.
Sign up in advance at Haven Club for the following activities:
Outdoor Tennis Court (0700h - 2200h)
Archery Range (1200h - 1730h)
Swimming lessons: Arrange for private swimming lessons
X-Box and PlayStation gaming consoles, computers with broadband internet connection, as well as mahjong and cards rooms are available.
Here, belt out tunes in private rooms to the latest MTVs.
What are Hot Springs?A source of flowing water that emerges onto the surface of the earth from underground that had been heated by contact with hot or molten rock while underground; often associated with areas of earth crust activity
Formation of Natural Hot SpringsHot spring water is formed when moisture seeps down through cracks in the earth's crust, and is gathered in non-porous pockets deep in the earth. Geo-thermal power heats this water and the water is again forced up through fault cracks to reach the surface of the earth. Throughout its journey, the water collects minerals from the earth, causing hot spring water to be both warm and rich in mineral content.
Types of Hot Springs and Beneficial EffectsThere are many types of hot springs, distinguished by the minerals dissolved in the water. Different minerals give the hot springs different colors, smells and health benefits. Generally, all hot springs do have a relaxing effect on the body and mind but choosing the right type of hot springs to bathe in can help provide an effective cure for some illnesses.
Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate Springs:The colorless and odorless water from these springs beautifies the skin, accelerates tissue regeneration, and promotes metabolism and blood circulation. It also has positive effects on gastrointestinal disorders, arthritis, external injury, liver disease, allergies and skin diseases.
Sodium Carbonate Springs:Water from this type of springs has no color, a clear appearance, and is known to help treat athlete's foot, arthritis and skin diseases. It is especially helpful for those with painful joints. It also helps lower blood pressure and reduces stress. The springs can be made into a refreshing beverage to relieve constipation and improve one's appetite as well as gastro-intestinal health.
Salt or Hydrogen Sulfide Springs: The water from these springs has positive effects on skin disease, women's diseases, and problems of the intestines and stomach.
Sulfur Springs:Water from these springs appears either yellow-brownish or milky and emits the strong smell of rotten eggs. Although the springs can irritate sensitive skin, the minerals in the water can have a therapeutic effect on skin disease, women's diseases, asthma, neuralgia, rheumatism and shoulder, neck and wrist pains; they also have a detoxifying effect.
Water from these springs contains a high concentration of metallic elements. It can help treat anaemia, women's diseases, menopausal problems and chronic eczema.
The water from these springs appears gray or even black, and helps treat skin disease, neuralgia, and gastrointestinal disorders.
How to enjoy Hot Springs
Hot Springs Bathing Etiquette
- Similar to exercising, soaking in hot springs can increase your heart rate and cause you to be tired, so rest for an hour before going for your hot springs bath.
- Cleanse your body and hair before entering the pool. This will allow your skin to better absorb the minerals in the hot springs.
- Test the temperature of the water and enter the bath slowly. Lower your body into the water such that the water level reaches below your heart level. After about 3 to 5 minutes, when your body has warmed up and adjusted to the heat of the springs, lower yourself further to cover your shoulders.
- Enjoy, as the warmth from the hot springs relaxes your body and mind.
- For the enjoyment of those around you, do not make too much noise, splash around or swim in the bath. However, you may like to exercise by taking long, deep breaths or slowly rotating your limbs in the water.
- Exit the pool every 10 minutes for a rest. Enter the pool again after cooling down completely. To enjoy the best results from the hot springs, repeat this process several times.
- If this is your first experience with hot springs, you may feel thirsty or uncomfortable. If this happens, exit the pool and take a rest. Have a drink and cool down completely before entering the pools again.
- After taking the hot springs bath, retain the goodness of the minerals and the warmth of the hot springs by simply toweling-off moisture. Soaping or rinsing-off is not necessary.
- After the hot springs bath, it is best to lie down and rest for an hour.
Words of Caution
- Children or the elderly should be accompanied at all times.
- Exercise caution when walking on wet ground.
- When entering the hot springs bath, avoid the area where the hot springs water is being injected into the pool. Hot springs water ranging from 38°C to 42°C is most enjoyable and can be enjoyed for a longer period of time.
- Do not enter a hot springs bath on an empty stomach as it may cause you to feel faint or uncomfortable.
- Do not use hot springs immediately after exercise.
- Do not make too much noise or behave in a boisterous manner while using the hot springs.
- Before, during and after your hot springs bath, drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- Do not eat excessively before or after a hot springs bath.
- After a hot springs bath, avoid caffeine, alcohol or cigarettes to extend the beneficial effects of the hot springs.
- Guests with heart problems or high blood pressure should only enter the hot springs after medical consultation.
- Do not have a hot springs bath if you are pregnant, tired, under the influence of alcohol or have a communicable disease.
- If uncertain whether hot springs are appropriate for your condition, please consult a doctor.
Riyuegu's Hot Springs
Some HistoryA weathered stone plaque was discovered by a school teacher, Mr Bai Yu Sheng in the early 1980s. During the Ming Dynasty, a high ranking official, Ding Yi Zhong, came to know of the hot springs at Tang'an as it was widely rumored to cure diseases. Curious about this phenomenon, Ding Yi Zhong immersed himself into the springs. He felt exceptional joy and was inspired to write a verse about his experience. He noted that this heavenly gift is found not in cities and mountains, instead, it is found next to the road so that the common people would easily be able to enjoy a hot bath. Ding Yi Zhong stated the location of the hot springs to be South Lian Hua Village, which is where Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort now stands.
Riyuegu's Hot SpringsRiyuegu's hot spring water bubbles to surface at the rate of 10 litres per second and 82°C. It is moderate with a PH value of 6.6 and contains trace minerals such as potassium, sodium, calcium, manganese, iron, etc.
Beneficial Effects of Riyuegu's Hot SpringsA hot springs bath is always enjoyable and frequent bathing is beneficial to health. Heat and minerals from natural hot springs encourage blood circulation and cell regeneration, relieves symptoms of arthritis and insomnia and can help to improve the digestive and cardiovascular system. Buoyancy of the springs will also help to relieve stress. Emerge feeling wonderfully relaxed.
Fresh Natural Hot SpringsThe hot spring water at Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort naturally surfaces and is pumped directly to each hot spring pool. At all times, there is a continuous flow of fresh hot springs into each pool to replenish those flowing out. Every four hours, each pool is entirely drained, washed and disinfected, then re-injected with fresh natural hot spring water. All hot spring water used is fresh and never re-circulated, guaranteeing the quality of your experience.
A National AAAA Rated Tourist Attraction, Riyuegu Hotsprings Park offers the finest facilities in a serene environment. Within a tropical garden paradise of extraordinary beauty, experience the glorious Milk Bath that kept Cleopatra's skin soft and supple, inhale sweet floral scents with The Bouquet, seek natural remedies in the Herbal Garden, relax on hot spring heated granite, dip into one or all three swimming pools... the age old tradition of bathing in natural hot springs has been transformed into an art. Our dining outlets, private spaces, and all the supporting facilities will assure you of a seamless one-of-a-kind experience.
1st of April to 31st of October
|Monday to Friday
||1500h to 0100h|
|Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
||1000h to 0100h|
1st of November to 31st of March
|Monday to Friday
||1200h to 0100h|
|Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
||1000h to 0100h|
Services and facilities available
- Bath Towels, Slippers, Shampoo, Shower Gel, Hair Dryer, Swimming Attire
- Bath Robes are available for rental
- Sauna, Steam Room, Lockers, Showers
- Safe Deposit Box, Internet Bar, Clinic, Hair Salon, Children's Playground
- Gift Shop stocked with swimming attire, South East Asian handicraft, Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort souvenirs, necessities and local produce