One Day Hutong Tour
Tour Code: SIT-01
Tour Type: Private
Attraction: One day Hutong Tour gives you a detailed understanding of the local people's life
B-breakfast L-lunch D-dinner
Detail itinerary as follow:
* Start from the north entrance to Beihai Park by old-fashioned pedicab to the picturesque Shishahai Lake area.
* Visit Gu Lou, the Drum Tower, where visitors will enjoy a bird's eye view of the old city.
* Visit the neighbourhood in the rear Shishahai Lake area and walk in hutongs to drop in one or two courtyard- style homes.You also can take a chance to have lunch with a local family.
* Visit the mansion and garden of Prince Gong of the Qing Dynasty.
The Drum Tower was first built in 1272 during the reign of Kublai Khan (the first emperor of the Yuan Dynasty), and reconstructed in 1420 when the Ming Dynasty established its capital in Beijing. It rises from a brick podium with a tower pierced by six gates and topped by a roof of soaring eaves.
To the north is the Bell Tower, first constructed in 1420 and rebuilt of bricks in 1747 during the reign of Emperor Qianlong. The original iron bell was replaced by a great bronze bell, which was rung at seven o'clock evening until 1924.
The mansion is the most exquisitely decorated and best preserved among the princes' mansions in Beijing, and beside the residence there is also a large garden.
The mansion consists of two parts: living quarters and the garden, covering 56,000 square meters. The living quarters run along three axes - central, eastern and western, altogether having 1,000 rooms. People can imagine the grandeur from its green glazed- tile roofs.
The garden of Prince Gong's Mansion covers 25,000 square meters, with artificial rockeries, covered corridors and pavilions. It is said the Grand View Garden described in the novel "A Dream of Red Mansions" was modelled after this garden.
The lake is a broad expanse of water surrounded by willows, locust trees and poplars - a lovely scene. People can have a boat ride there in summer and skate in winter.
Quotation in USD per person
1. Entrance fees mentioned on the itinerary
2. All transfers with private car or van
3. Experienced Englsih speaking guide
1. Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call,optional activities,
2.Tips or Gratuities, to tour guides or drivers
The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
Custom Tailoring: Design your own tour with our help to meet your unique interests, You don't have to compromise, do exactly what you want to do! Let us assist you to tailor-make your own China Experience. Tell us what you need now!
chinauniquetour is a branch of CITS (China International Travel Service), one of China's largest and oldest travel agencies.Your satisfaction is our priority. All our guides, drivers and vehicles are carefully selected, certified for tourism and fully insured. Our tours have no unscheduled or mandatory shopping stops so you spend your time and money wisely.