One Day Private Dunhuang tour
Tour Code: DHT01
Tour Type: Private Tour
Attractions: Mogao Grottoes&Crescent moon spring
The hub of the legendary Silk Road of ancient times is endowed with world's richest treasure house of Buddhist sutras, murals and sculptures, all of which can be seen on this city tour package to Dunhuang. The magnificent Mogao Grottos (Caves of A Thousand Buddhas) will amaze you, as will the beautiful Echoing-sand Dune and the Crescent Lake. As well as the fine views a camel ride will give you a first hand experience of what it was like when caravans plied the Silk Road. This is a truly extraordinary tour that is steeped in historic traditions.
Our guide will pick you up from hotel and drive 6 Km to the Echoing-Sand Mountain and Crescent Moon Lake.The Singing Sand Mountains are famous for the sounds the wind makes when blowing over the dunes. Also, the sand is said to be rather noisy when tread upon. The dunes are also famous for their size, some reaching 100m or more, relatively stable despite the fact that the dunes beyond the mountains shift frequently. Also, the sands are said to regain form overnight if tread upon the day before.
After lunch at a local restaurant, drive to the Mogao Grottoes, is one of the biggest and most significent grottoes in China. The Mogao cave complex is comprised of 492 caves, containing 450,000 square feet of murals dating from the fourth to the fourteenth centuries - a period which corresponds to an immense growth in international commerce along the nearby Silk Road.
Prices in USD (1:7)
The above price is just for your information only! There are fluctuations in the hotels of different seasons. Please ask the exact price firstly when you want to book the tour!
This trip price includes:
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
The trip price does not include:
- Any meals which are not included in the "The trip price includes."
Single Room Supplements (as the above quotation for accommodation is based on twin sharing room).
- Hotel accommodations with breakfast as specified (but hotels are subject to change to the same category before finally confirmed).
- Domestic airports departure taxes have been charged with the flight tickets. Domestic flights, trains or buses as specified in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses: Items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day-to-day itinerary.
Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees
To travel to Dunhuang, you can fly from Beijing, Lanzhou, and Urumqi, or you can take a train from Urumqi or Lanzhou to Liuyuan and then take a bus to Dunhuang. Liuyuan is 130km from Dunhuang. dunhuang china，dunhuang city，dunhuang flight，dunhuang gansu china，dunhuang map，dunhuang train，dunhuang xian.
Dunhuang Airport is 13km east of the city. It has direct flights from Lanzhou, Xi'an, Beijing, Urumqi and other cities, although there are not many flights each week. Buses from the CAAC offices (09473-22389) on Dong Dajie near the Dunhuang Hotel.
Dunhuang City does not have a railway station. It relies on the Liuyuan Train Station 130km to the north for its rail traffic, all that is required is catching a bus from Liuyuan to Dunhuang. Daily, 16 trains stop at the Liuyuan Station and connect Liuyuan (and Dunhuang) with Shanghai,Beijing West Station, Xi'an, Chengdu, Lanzhou, Urumqi and many other destinations can be reached from Liuyuan.
Buses to and from Lanzhou, Xi'an, Hami, Turpan, Urumqi and other cities can be taken in Dunhuang. The bus station is on Dingzi Lu in central south Dunhuang. flights to