Zhujiajiao and Seven Treasures Town Excursion
Tour Code: SHJT- 17 团 号：SHJT-17
Tour Type: Private
Duration: 8 Hours (including lunch)
Pick-up Time & Place: 08:30am, your hotel in Shanghai
Highlights: The closet water town from Shanghai - Zhujiajiao
Attractions: Zhujiajiao Water Town, Cruise on the canals, Seven Treasures Town
Highlight: Zhujiajiao -- established around 1,700 years ago, lies to the south of the Yangtze River and was created as a typical ancient water town. The ancient site is easy of access located as it is only one hour by bus to the west of downtown Shanghai
Day day itinerary:
Your guide will pick you up at 8:30am around at your hotel. Then head out for nearly 50 minutes drive westwards to Qingpu, where the town locates. Zhujiajiao ancient town is a town with over 1,000 years of history featuring rivers, bridges, old streets and gardens. Small rivers crisscross the town with 36 old bridges on them. Over 1,000 houses first built in Ming and Qing dynasties (1368-1911) stand along both sides of nine narrow streets. There are famous sights like Fangsheng Bridge, Baoguo Temple, town god's temple and Zhuxi Garden, offering different kinds of photo opportunities. Highlight of the tour includes a traditional sampan ride on the canals. Lunch will be in a local restaurant in the town. Then transfer to Seven Treasures Town which is famous for its old streets. Drive to Shanghai in the later afternoon.
Quotation: price in USD (1:6:30)
| Group Size
|| 174 USD
» Your tour day starts and ends at a hotel in the city, which may or may not be included. If a hotel is included it is listed by name on the itinerary for each night.
» Discounts for children in China are based on height. Let us know your child's age and height and we can calculate accordingly.
All tours are billed in Chinese CNY. Prices in currencies other than Chinese CNY are displayed for reference only. The exchange rates are subject to daily change.
Get a free quote
Send us an email or call us to receive a no-obligation quote for this tour.
Included in the tour price
- Admission tickets to all sights listed on the itinerary - no hidden costs
- Meals in quality local restaurants with unlimited standard drinks (Coke, Sprite, bottled water, Chinese tea)
- Free bottled water supplied in your vehicle - drink up!
- Private English speaking guide (selected/trained by our American owner), sane driver and quality, air-conditioned vehicle
Not included in the tour price
- You may tip your guide and driver for good service.
- International travel insurance (you should purchase your own policy in your home country)
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
1. The approximate day tour itinerary & schedule above is for reference only, and may vary according to your travel date and group size. The Itinerary & schedule is subject to change at the time of booking order is confirmed.
2. Tipping is now considered by many locals to be a part of their normal remuneration. However, this is a matter of personal discretion. You may use following as a reference.
Suggested Tipping: for local guide: $8 to $10 per person(guest) per day, for driver: $4 to $5 per person(guest) per day.
Custom Tailoring: Design your own tour with our help to meet your unique interests, You don't have to compromise, do exactly what you want to do! Let us assist you to tailor-make your own China Experience. Tell us what you need now!
chinauniquetour is a branch of CTS (China International Travel Service), one of China's largest and oldest travel agencies.Your satisfaction is our priority. All our guides, drivers and vehicles are carefully selected, certified for tourism and fully insured. Our tours have no unscheduled or mandatory shopping stops so you spend your time and money wisely.