5 Days Shanghai Extension Tour to Suzhou and Hangzhou
Tour Code: SHJT- 18 团 号：SHJT-18
Departure:Every day 发车日期：每日发车
Tour Type: budget tour, sightseeing, cultural journey
Highlight: There is a saying - "Just as there is paradise in heaven, there are Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth". This tour includes the must-see sights in Shanghai, as well as the classic garden city of Suzhou and the spectacularly beautiful Hangzhou.
Day day itinerary:
Day 1 Arrive in Shanghai
Place & Transport：: Airport pick-up,
ToActivitie In Shanghai
Shanghai is a city unlike any other in China. It is the bustling economic heartbeat of China that enjoys all of the comforts and amenities of a fully modern metropolis. Shanghai today looks to regain its former position at the turn of 20th of being one of the largest financial centers in the world behind New York and London. It is a city that seamlessly blends East and West.
go out and see what a glowing night life Shanghai prepares for you. We recommend Xintiandi where there are rows of bars and cute old-Shanghai houses that hide themselves in the Longtang lanes together with People’s Square, one of the Ten Spots with the Best Night View in Shanghai.
Day2 Shanghai Tours
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities; set out for an energetic day at this pulsing metropolitan city Shanghai!
who has extensive knowledge and professional experience in Shanghai’s food and market industry, begin your walking tour of the New Zhenning Lu Market. Stroll past merchant stalls of this wet market and learn about a variety of topics connected to China’s food culture.
Your guide will teach you about agriculture-centered trading in Guangdong and the role that Anhui salt merchants play in Chinese cuisine. Hear about fundamental food and cooking concepts in China, such as the importance of sharing meals, the emphasis on freshness, the abundance of vegetables and the staple pork in the Chinese diet. Discover the politics of food as you learn about how communism has affected Chinese cuisine from the 20th century to today.
After an hour of exploring the market by foot, follow your guide to nearby Fu 1088, a high-end restaurant where you’ll enjoy an authentic Shanghai meal (for an additional cost). Rated four stars on TripAdvisor, this restaurant, located in a three-story colonial-style mansion and tucked behind an iron gate, offers a sophisticated dining atmosphere, with rooms furnished with cherry wood chairs and elegant chandeliers.
After lunch we take you to visit the Shanghai Museum, one of the most modern in the country. Arranged by category rather than according to a chronology, its collection introduces and elucidates the gamut of Chinese arts from ceramics to jade and ivory carvings to paintings.
Dinner takes place at one of our favorite Shanghai restaurants, boasting a magnificent view over the Bund and Pudong waterfronts. (B, L, D)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
Day 3 Shanghai to Suzhou,
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou, Train No. G7050 (Shanghai Railway Station - Suzhou Railway Station) Dep 09:31 - Arr 10:07
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Humble Administrators Garden, Lion Grove, The Grand Canal(Cruising by Motor Boat), Rickshaw ride
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Pine and Crane Restaurant
- Humble Administrators Garden (1.5 hours): The garden is the best representative of Chinese classical gardens, constructed in the Ming dynasty, which focuses on a central pond with pavilions, terraces, chambers, and towers located nearby, the garden is divided into three parts: the eastern, middle and western parts. At 5 hectares the largest of these beautiful gardens, it is one of the most famous one. It provides everyone with pleasure. Don't miss the Garden Museum - actually don't miss any of these lovely places. Tourists may wear comfortable shoes, as there's a lot of walking here.
- Lion Grove (1 hour): It owns the largest ancient rockery in home.It is located on No.23 Garden Road, Suzhou City.
- The Grand Canal(Cruising by Motor Boat) (40 minutes): The Grand Canal ranks alongside the Great Wall of China as the country's greatest engineering achievement and it is the longest man-made waterway in the world.Cruising on the Canal(about 30-40 minutes), you can see the local peoples' life. Known as the land of rice and fish, Suzhou city has a network of picturesque lakes and canals both large and small, which all link in eventually to the Grand Canal. The view from the little boats that ply the smaller canals is enchanting, whilst the traffic on the Grand Canal reminds you of Suzhou that it was the original source of the 'sea' silk road.
- Rickshaw ride (1.5 hours): Through the old streets & Hutongs in Suzhou, you will see local people's life.
- Pine and Crane Restaurant: The Pine and Crane Restaurant is located in the bustling hub of Suzhou City. Originally dating back to 1780, the Pine and Crane Restaurant has undergone plenty changes, history-wise and cuisine-wise. It boasts for the richly tastful Su-style cuisine and offers Suzhou tour makers a feast of both taste buds and eyes.
Day 4 Suzhou to Hangzhou
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Hangzhou, Train No. G7381 (Suzhou Railway Station - Hangzhou Railway Station) Dep 09:13 - Arr 10:43
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Lingyin Temple, Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop and Farmhouse Tea Shop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Louwailou Resturant
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) (1 hour): West Lake has an area of 5.6 square kilometers (2.2 square miles) and is the symbol of Hangzhou which lies on its banks and is a place of tranquility. A visit to Fairy Island is worth it to see on of the Ten Best Views of West Lake - Three Pools Mirroring the Moon. The occasional pagoda and Chinese-style arched bridges add atmosphere to the tree-lined walkways, verdant islands and hills make West Lake a very special part of any China experience.
- Lingyin Temple (2 hours): As one of the most important and wealthiest Buddhist temples in China, Lingyin Temple boasts plenty of pagodas and Buddhist grottoes.
During the Eastern Jin Dynasty in 328 AD, Hui Li, a monk from India brought Buddhism to this area and founded this temple. At that time, nine multi-storey buildings, 8 pavilions, 72 halls and more than 1,300 dormitory rooms had made up this temple, and it was the national worship center.
Located in front of the temple proper, Feilai Feng (Flying Peak) is an outstanding Buddhist grotto site, in which are engraved numerous Buddha images. Legend has it the peak was originally from India, and flew to Hangzhou overnight as a demonstration of the omnipotence of Buddhist law.
Other attractions include Hall of the Heavenly Kings, Grand Hall of the Great Sage, Hall of the Medicine Buddha, Sutra Library, and Hall of the Five Hundred Arhats.
- Louwailou Resturant: Louwailou is a famous restaurant located nearby West Lake and has a long history of more than 150 years. The restaurant specializes in Hangzhou cuisine and it is well known for West lake vinegar fish and Braised Dongpo Pork.
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop and Farmhouse Tea Shop: Meijiawu Tea Village is located in the western part of West Lake scenic area. It has a history of over 600 years. Situated among lush green hills, it is a rustic, natural scenic spot. Visitors can have a tea culture experience by seeing tea picking and processing. It also showcases tea products of all kinds including Jasmine tea, Dragon Well tea, Green tea, Black tea, and Wulong tea. Visitor can buy tea in the farmhouse tea shop which is operated by local farmers.
Address: No.1 South Meiling Road
Day 5 Departure (Breakfast)
Place & Transport: Depart Hangzhou Flight not included
Today's Activities After breakfast we’ll see you off at the Hangzhou airport. Wish you a nice journey!!
||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
||Kingtown Hotel Plaza Shanghai|
Lily Hotel Hangzhou
Lakeview Hotel Hangzhou
Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake
Holiday Inn Jasmine Suzhou
Pan Pacific Suzhou
We will arrange hotels of the same class if there are no rooms available during your travelling periods.
|Price ( per person, in US (1:6,30) dollars)|
||Single Room Supplement|
» Your tour day starts and ends at a hotel in the city, which may or may not be included. If a hotel is included it is listed by name on the itinerary for each night.
» Discounts for children in China are based on height. Let us know your child's age and height and we can calculate accordingly.
All tours are billed in Chinese CNY. Prices in currencies other than Chinese CNY are displayed for reference only. The exchange rates are subject to daily change.
Get a free quote
Send us an email or call us to receive a no-obligation quote for this tour.
Included in the tour price
- Admission tickets to all sights listed on the itinerary - no hidden costs
- Meals in quality local restaurants with unlimited standard drinks (Coke, Sprite, bottled water, Chinese tea)
- Free bottled water supplied in your vehicle - drink up!
- Private English speaking guide (selected/trained by our American owner), sane driver and quality, air-conditioned vehicle
Not included in the tour price
- You may tip your guide and driver for good service.
- International travel insurance (you should purchase your own policy in your home country)
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
How to book this tour?
Please email us and let us know the information below:
1. Your arrival date and flight number.
2. The name you used to book your hotel.
3. The date that you would like to take this tour.
4. The number of persons in your group.
Custom Tailoring: Design your own tour with our help to meet your unique interests, You don't have to compromise, do exactly what you want to do! Let us assist you to tailor-make your own China Experience. Tell us what you need now!
chinauniquetour is a branch of CTS (China International Travel Service), one of China's largest and oldest travel agencies.Your satisfaction is our priority. All our guides, drivers and vehicles are carefully selected, certified for tourism and fully insured. Our tours have no unscheduled or mandatory shopping stops so you spend your time and money wisely.