Suzhou Private Tour
Welcome to Suzhou Tours
Suzhou has always been paired with Hangzhou in my mind, due to the famous Chinese saying: Above there is Heaven, Below, Suzhou and Hangzhou.
Suzhou is located in southern Jiangsu province in eastern China, in flat country criss-crossed by canals and rivers. It is only a 40-minute train ride from Shanghai (or 90+ minutes from Nanjing). Like nearby Hangzhou, it is a popular destination throughout the year, especially for the Chinese, because of its numerous literary and cultural associations. It is also a cosmopolitan place, with sizeable expatriate business communities particularly from Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. As a result, it has a highly developed tourist infrastructure, with many hotels catering to all budgets, a busy eating-out scene and easy-to-use public transportation (taxis, buses and rickshaws). For these reasons, it is relatively easy to visit Suzhou independently, though many visitors (particularly the East Asians) still come on package deals.
For most people, the main reason to visit is to see the classical gardens of Suzhou, now designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. There are numerous to choose from, though I have listed below the most famous ones. Suzhou offers more than just gardens, however, and there are also culturally significant temples, pagodas and museums. Finally, there is also an opportunity to take a cruise on the Grand Canal...
Send Photo to a Friend
10 Reasons To Visit Suzhou
- Lovely Suzhou maintains a distinctive Chinese flavor with quaint canals, stunning gardens, hearty food, and beautiful ladies in elegant silk.
- Disappear or lose yourself in the classical gardens of Suzhou - a fusion of nature, poetry and painting designed to ease, move or assist the mind
- Experience the ambience of classical Chinese garden at night and enjoy the Garden Show, a cultural performance of Chinese traditional musical instruments
- Visit a silk factory in Suzhou - China's leading silk producer, and see how the silk is processed from the silkworm to the final woven cloth
- Float down the Grand Canal, the world's oldest and longest waterway, to see the local people's life in classical South-China style
- See the streets, the open markets and the local people's life by a rickshaw ride along canals and over bridges through the old town of Suzhou
- Step back in time in the cobbled lanes of ancient water townships of the Yangtze River, such as Zhouzhuang, Luzhi and Wuzhen
- Ring the bell in the Hanshan Temple, one of most famous temples in China with a lot of cultural relics
- Walk along and admire the Panmen Gate, one of the oldest and best-preserved land and water gate in China
- Climb the Tiger Hill, a place with many hidden secrets & legends ad a number of historical sites and admire its leaning tower
Contact us Now to open your amazing experience in China.
As one of the key enterprises on travel service in Xian and China, we have been, over the years offering the tailor-made package tours and custom tours for individuals, families and groups. Meanwhile, we also provide discount hotel reservation as well as the flight and train tickets booking in Xian and China.
All the prearranged Single-city Day Tours and Multi-cities tour packages above are private tours.
While taking our private tours, you, your friends or your family enjoy the exclusive use of a car or van with a personal local tour guide usually from 9:00am to 6:00pm for the tour you have booked. Our tour guide will meet you at the airport, the railway station or your hotel. We include the major attractions in our prearranged itinerary. If you have any special request in terms of the attractions, please tell us, we are able to have a tailor-made tour for you.
The hotel accommodation:
We have chosen for you the carefully recommended hotels in each itinerary which are classified into three categories: Deluxe ( 5 star otel ), Standard ( 4 star hotel ) and Budget ( 3 star hotel ). If you prefer a specific hotel, or you would like to reserve the hotels by yourself, please tell us in advance, we can customize the tour per your request. We do offer some tour packages without hotel bookings.
Meals on your trip:
Your breakfast is usually included in your hotel. So you will have daily breakfast at the hotel. We usually include all the lunches on your whole trip as mentioned in your itinerary. We offer Chinese lunches in most cases. Usually the tourist meals have a bad name. But we try our best to improve the quality of the lunch on the tour. All the lunches are not refundable. We often skip the dinners for you to have more flexibility. Most of the hotels offer very good buffet dinner or Chinese dinner. Or you may choose to have supper at the restaurants near the hotels. But sometimes we do offer dinner when you have booked our prearranged evening shows, like Peking Opera, Acrobatics, Kung Fu Show.
Local tour guide in China:
We can arrange different language speaking tour guide, such as English, French, Russian, German, Japan, Italy and so on. All of them graduated from college and have passed the touth national examination to be licensed as a guide.
How about the vehicle?
We use the air-conditioned and well-shaped vehicles. All the vehicles are licensed with insurance. All vehicles are equipped with air-conditioning; Can carry standard luggage; Are always clean,tidy and odour-and damage-free; Are not refuelled during the transfer; Are parked within a distance of not more than 100 metres from the collection point.
1-2 traveling Party: we offer cars
3-8 traveling Party: we offer vans
8-10 travelling Party; we offer coach
How about the driver?
All the drivers have the official licenses with at least over 3 years' driving experience. All drivers select the most dynamic route, observe local traffic regulations; Are properly dressed; Are familiar with the region; Refrain from smoking,eating and drinking in the passengers presence.
Any tourist shops on the tours?
We do arrange one or two shops which are legal by the national travel organization on the tour per day. Chinese tourist shops have a very bad name on the internet. Actually the things are not so bad as it is. The shopping stops are nice places for you to relax and at the same time to make use of the short time to familiarize yourself with the local products. The shopping is not compulsory.(If you aren't willing to shop)
To whom should I complain if I have received very bad service?
You can complain to the manager of Xi'an Bear Tower Brounch of CITS atEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org If you feel your case is very serious, you are suggested to complain to our local tourism bureau at Beijing Tourism Complaint.
How to reserve the tours?
1. Please use our online booking or send your travel request via email to Email:email@example.com. You are also welcome to call us at + 86 029 87238990 Phone after working hours: 0086 13488197185 or 13709240821 (24 hours).
2. Our real trip advisors will have contact you either by email or telephone. We offer one to one real person contac. When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices.
3. Way of Payment: cash payment, credit card payment or wire transfer. Both RMB and hard currency are acceptable.