6days Lhasa —Gyangze—Shigatse
Duration: 6 days
Type of Tour: Seat-in coach Regular
Tour Dates:Every Day
Group Size:2 - 15 people
Difficulty level: medium trekking tour
Tour route: Lhasa—Drak Yerpa—Jokhang Temple—Gyantse
In this tour, we will explore the major monasteries and sacred sites
under the guidance of our guide though overland drives across spectacular
mountain ranges. Pilgrims from all over the country frequent the city Lhasa,
the political and religious center of Tibet. Together with them we visit Potala
Palace the holy land and landmark of Tibet, and Jokhang the holiest
monastery in Tibet. Then we will pass by the beautiful Yamdrok Lake and
cross over the Karo La (5.010 m) and Simi La before we reachGyantse
and Shigatse, where we visit the famous monasteries Pelkor and
Day and day itinerary
Day 01: Arrive at Lhasa and check in hotel
Place & Transport：Lhasa & Flight
Today's Activities:Arrive at Lhasa airport, meet your guide and driver, and then transfer to Lhasa city. On the way, you can enjoy the heart-beating highland view along the Yearlong Tsangpo river (the longest river in Tibet with highest elevation in the world).After check in hotel, the rest time is free for relax and Acclimatize to the High Altitude.
Day 02: Potala Palace—Sera Monastery. .(B)
Place & Transport：Lhasa city & Full auto
Today's Activities: Today’s highlights is Potala Palace:This ancient architectural complex is considered a model of Tibetan architecture. Located on the Red Hill in Lhasa. The stone-and-wood-structured Potala Palace consists of the White Palace and Red Palace.
Sera Monastery:it is at the foot of Tatipu Hill, located in the northern suburb of Lhasa City. The debating traditions in the Sera Monastery are unique among the three famous monasteries in Lhasa.
Day 03:All day viewing .(B)
Place & Transport：Drak Yerpa—Jokhang Temple & Full auto
Today's Activities: Drak Yerpa is a place that has deep meanings in the Tibetan spiritual culture. There is a saying goes like this: "Lhasa is the shrine of Tibet, Drak Yerpa is the shrine of Lhasa. Not seeing Drak Yerpa in Lhasa is just like making a dress without the collar." The entrance to the Yerpa Valley is about 16 km northeast of Lhasa on the northern bank of the Kyichu River. From there, it is another 10 km to the famous ancient meditation caves.
Jokhang Temple: one of the spiritual center of Tibet,It lies at the center of the old Lhasa, Everyday pilgrims from every corner of Tibet trek a long distance to the temple,Some of them even progress prostrate by body length to the threshold of the temple.The temple keeps many invaluable cultural relics. The most famous and valuable one is the Sakyamuni statue aged 12, which is devout Tibetans by thousands of pilgrims day and night. After then, stroll around the around the temple is the Barkhor Street, the oldest street in a very traditional city in Tibet.
Day 04: Gyantse.(B)
Place & Transport：Gyantse—Palkhor monastery—Shigatse & Full auto
Today's Activities: On the way to Gyantse, we will pass and enjoy one of the most sacred lakes in Tibet, called Yamdroktso Lake, For Tibetans, means the Turquoise Lake, as it is known for its beautiful color, is a non-renewable water source, and it serves as a habitat for many animals, such as the rare Black-Necked Cranes. Also can have an overlook of the Karola Glacier sometimes. After about 4hrs driving, we will arrive Gyantse town and visit Palkhor monastery, it located in Gyantse and founded jointly by Kedup Je of the Gelugpa Sect and Rabten Kunsang of the Sakyapa Sect in 1418, the Phalkor Monastery has a special influence over Tibet's Buddhism owing to its unification of three different sects, the Gelugpa, the Sakyapa and Bhuton Sects, in a single monastery. Later this afternoon, we will arrive in Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet.
Day 05:Tashilumpo monastery.(B)
Place & Transport：Shigatse—Lhasa & Full auto
Today's Activities: Tashilumpo monastery:The traditional seat of successive Panchen Lamas, the second highest ranking tulku lineage in the Gelugpa tibetan buddhist hierarchy, after the Dalai Lama.Located on a hill in the center of the city, the full name in Tibetan of the monastery means "all fortune and happiness gathered here" or "heap of glory". The Tashilumpo monastery remains popular among the tibetans, as they carry on coming here on pilgrimage. It houses the tombs of Panchen Lamas, beautiful chortens decorated with gold and precious stones, as well as a Maitreya Bouddha statue 26 meters high. Later, take different way of Day 04 and drive back to Lhasa .
Day 06:See you off. (B)
Place & Transport：On the way to your next destination & Flight
Today's Activities: Finish your wonderful Tibet journey with a happy ending.
|November to next April 15th
|April 16th to Jun 15th
|Jun 16th to July 15th;
September 1st to October 31st
|July 16th to August 31st
Join in this group? Just send us e-mail, or just simply fill the online inquiry form.
1) Prices listed are per person, based on double occupancy and breakfast. The single supplement is from USD 34 to USD 310per person due to different seasons and hotel categories.
2) The difference of different tour categories just because of the different accommodations. The accommodation of Inexpensive class is guesthouse or hostel, and 3-star standard hotels for comfortable class, 4 star standard hotels for best available class, the accommodation of luxurious class will be 5 star standard hotel.
3) The listed prices do NOT include transportation cost to and from Lhasa.
4) To make your tour much easier, a free of charge transfer service from airport to Lhasa at 3:20 pm and Lhasa to airport at 12:00 pm. So in order not to miss it, please book your flight accordingly or have your flight ticket handled through our assistance.
5) If you have your own flight time that may not make it to match our free of charge service, an individual/separate transport with extra charge would be provided.
6) If you take the train to/ from Lhasa, an individual/ separate transport with extra charge would be provided.
7) One or two days shorter or longer available, just tell your travel advisor and get the price accordingly.
1) 5 nights accommodations match different tour classes
2) All transportation in Tibet between sightseeing places and free airport pick-up in high-season at 3:20 p.m. and drop off once at 12:00 p.m.
3) An experienced local English speaking tour guide.
4) All entrance fees of sightseeing places mentioned in above itinerary, including the fees for Mt.Everest Nature Preserve
5) All necessary permits, including TTB, Tibet Entry permit and PSB, Aliens' Travel permit.
1) China visa, All air tickets and train tickets to and from Tibet.
2) Accommodation & Services of non-Tibet parts;
3) Lunch and dinner, your guide will assist you to find the local comfortalbe restaurants.
4) Private expense like laundry, IDD calls, drinks in the room, etc.
5) Extra expenses and/of additional days caused due to unexpected events (delays, porterage because of land slides and other natural events.)
Individual transport cost:
2011 Seat-in coach Regular Tibet's tour